Saturday, October 29, 2011

Desk Redo

I have been wanting to paint my yellow-y desk (that didn't have the best paint job) white for a long time. About a month ago I decided that I would start the process that I thought would only take a few days. I was wrong. By the time I finished, one month had elapsed.

* Removing all hardware (that could be removed).
* Painting with the primer.
* Painting with the white paint coat 1.                                                  
* Painting with the white paint coat 2.                                                    
* Patching up places that chipped.                                                         
* Sanding the edges to get an antiqued look.                                       
* Putting on the glaze.                                                                         
* Letting the glaze dry for 1 week.                                                      
* Patching up more places that chipped.                                              
* Putting on more glaze.
* Letting that glaze dry for 1 week.
* Putting on polyurethane coat 1. (Main part of the desk.)
* Putting on polyurethane coat 2. (Main part of the desk again.)
* Putting on polyurethane coat 3. (Inside part of the desk.)
* Putting on polyurethane coat 4. (Inside part of the desk again.)
* Then add Dad fixing the drooping shelves and antiquing the brass knobs for me.







3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! Too bad I didn't go see it tonight. Next time, I guess.

Frances said...

Kati, the next time I'm at your house, I want to see your refurbished desk! Wow. That was a LOT of work! I LOVE white!!!

Jodi-Marie said...

How pretty it turned out. Great job!