Friday, December 30, 2011

A {Blog} Year in Review: 2011


For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever.
 1 Peter 1:24-25

JANUARY
I started 2011 with a hymn. (I posted one every Sunday this year.) I talked about how much Alaine and I had in common in My Look-Alike and about Nora's birthday party we had for her in Nora's Second Birthday.


FEBRUARY
I kicked off the month with a quote from C. S. Lewis about books and tea. From there I did a post about some of my favorite teas. I also showed some proof of my look-alike niece.


MARCH
I don't know what happened in March. Either we were still recovering from the flu we had in February or I wasn't in a blogging frame of mind because I only have four posts in March and all of them were hymns that I automatically set. To God Be the Glory and He Leadeth Me were some of the gems I chose to share.


APRIL
In honor of National Poetry Month I posted several poems including Paul Revere's Ride and I Never Saw a Moor. I posted about the kitties here and here. And I told you about my purse redo.


MAY
I talked about the game Ben and I play in My Baby. And I showed some adorable pictures of Alaine in A Sweet Girl.


JUNE
I showed you some pictures of the highlight of my month, my high school graduation! And I talked about National Ice Tea Month and Mommom's Boiled Cookies.


JULY
I was able to go out west for a visit with my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, and nephew. I had a wonderful time. And speaking of visiting, a yellow jacket decided to visit the Queen Anne's Lace during one of our patio parties.


AUGUST
I got a letter from my niece that I shared with you. And my dear friend got married a day early because Hurricane Irene decided to make her grand appearance.


SEPTEMBER
I started showing you some of the pictures I took with my new Nikon here, here, here, and here. And then a friend of ours got married.


OCTOBER
Thirty-One Days of posting with 31 Days of Photography Fun. Interspersed with posts about a desk redo and a comfort food recipe or two.


NOVEMBER
I started a new series called Photo Friday since my 31 Days went so well and I was still snapping pictures with my Nikon. Then there was Thanksgiving anticipationa happy first birthday post, and the start of the mini-series Christmas Gift Ideas.


DECEMBER
I told a story about a girl and an owl. Christmas posts were prevalent. I took you on a tour of my room with the Christmas Tour of Homes, I was a co-host for the Christmas Cookie Countdown one day I showed you some of my favorite Christmas songs.

No comments: