Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Memories

Every year since I can remember, Gampy and Gammy have come over to watch my siblings and me open our Christmas gifts on Christmas morning and then have a special Christmas breakfast with us. And every year since I can remember, Gampy has had a trusty pocket knife that he pulls out when we need help opening a new game or toy or cutting a ribbon off a package. He sits in the chair that is close to where we open our gifts and even before we even know that we need help, he seems to know and has the blade out to help us cut through that tricky packaging.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are right...he has it ready before we know we need it! :-D

Kristin said...

And not just on Christmas either! :-)

Frances said...

How sweet, Kati ... there is much honor and respect for your grandfather evident here. I pray this coming Christmas morning will be even more beautiful than ever before.

Last night, I was looking at the pictures I took in your room. You have such wonderful style, Kati. Even Gary admired the color combinations on your bench. The pot your tree is sitting in is so beautiful, and the gift wrapping matches it perfectly.