Sunday, January 8, 2012

Morning Had Broken

Morning Has Broken
words by Eleanor Farjeon

Morning has broken, like the first morning,
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird.
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning,
Praise for them springing fresh from the word.

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven,
Like the first dew fall on the first grass.
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden,
Sprung in completeness where His feet pass.

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning,
Born of the one light Eden saw play.
Praise with elation, praise every morning,
God's re-creation of the new day.

~ ~ ~

Awake up, my glory; awake, psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. I will praise thee, O Lord, among the people: I will sing unto thee among the nations. ~ Psalm 57:8-9

2 comments:

Frances said...

Kati, I know I have told you before, but I love it that you have such a love for the old hymns. It says so much about your heart. I used to have a friend who loved "Morning Has Broken." I always think of her whenever that tune begins to play. Isn't it sweet how music can instantly transport you back to one special moment? Even just reading the words can do that, because the words become music in your heart.
Wishing you a beautiful week. We're leaving for the Western Shore in the morning. If only we could find some roads with no one else around. Hugs!

Kristin said...

I still hear Veggies when I read the words to this song. :-)