Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nail Art

I polish my toenails year-round. I think that pretty toes are important even if they are covered by shoes in the winter. I know they're painted cute. I go with some shade of pink and if I feel especially festive I'll put on a coat of glitter.

But this week, I tried something different. Nail art.



love this!
pin via Jessica's pin board


After looking at the picture above, Bekah and I both tried replicating the striped nail.



We painted our base coat a light pink, cut strips of tape, stuck two pieces of tape to each nail on a diagonal, then painted over nail and tape with hot pink. We started with our toes but after we decided we liked the look we went ahead and did our fingernails too!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is really cool! You have inspired me :) Kate A.

Kristin said...

I just need to say that, lucky for you, neither of my sisters inherited my ugly toes. :-)

Aidyl Ewoh said...

Oh how cool is that? Very neat.
~Aidyl