Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blessed Redeemer

Blessed Redeemer
words by Fanny Crosby

Blessèd Redeemer, full of compassion,
Great is Thy mercy, boundless and free;
Now in my weakness, seeking Thy favor,
Lord, I am coming closer to Thee.

Blessèd Redeemer, Thou art my Refuge,
Under Thy watch-care, safe I shall be;
Gladly adoring, joyfully trusting,
Still I am coming closer to Thee.

Blessèd Redeemer, gracious and tender,
New and forever dwell Thou in me;
Thou, my Protector, Shield and Defender,
Draw me and keep me closer to Thee.


Refrain:
Blessèd Redeemer, wonderful Savior,
Fountain of wisdom, Ancient of Days,
Hope of the faithful, Light of all ages,
Jesus my Savior, Thee will I praise.

:: :: :: :: ::

His mercy endureth forever.  ~1 Chronicles 16:34

2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Thanks for posting this; it isn't one of the Fanny Crosby songs I am as familiar with...but I'm a huge Fanny Crosby enthusiast. Blinded as an infant, Fanny wrote more that 8,000 songs (with a lot of pseudonyms, which makes it difficult sometimes!). I know things will be different for this generation of Christians, but for me, the words by Fanny Crosby (and the scores by Ira Sanky!), are written on my heart as I remember the church of my childhood. We don't hear them so much anymore... God bless, and I hope your Sunday is as beautiful a ours is turning out to be here in Delaware.

Katherine said...

I love singing this in church! =D

P.S. giveaway going on at my blog if you are interested. :)