Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Days of Decadent Desserts {Day 9} Cupcakes for Two

I would have never thought about making just two cupcakes. But this idea is a novel one! I made these when I babysat my little niece for the day. She thoroughly enjoyed them. She said "yummy" between every bite. :) I've also doubled the batch if we don't have anything sweet in the house at night.  Perfect for the four of us. 



One Bowl Vanilla Cupcakes for Two
this recipe was originally found ~here~



Ingredients:
1 egg white
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla (yes, a full teaspoon – they are super vanilla-y!)
1/4 cup flour
1/4 heaping teaspoon of baking powder
pinch of salt
1 1/2 tablespoons milk

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 2 liners.
2. In a bowl, add egg white and sugar and whisk until combined. Add in vanilla and melted butter and stir until mixed. Add flour, baking powder and salt and stir until smooth. Stir in milk. Divide batter equally between the 2 cupcake liners.
3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes, or until cake is set. Let cool completely, then frost as desired.



The first giveaway is still going on ~here~.


Kati’s Little Corner of the World

6 comments:

Vee said...

What a great concept! It would be perfect when one wanted something sweet and yet didn't want to have too much temptation. I see that you have a good thing going on here. I'm going back to read more.

Mary F. said...

Great idea!

Cheryl said...

These are so good! And, like Vee, I like that there are no tempting leftovers. :)

Maureen said...

This is perfect for my single friend who is always looking for small batch cooking recipes. I will pass this along!

Kim at Thistle Dew said...

Great idea, Kati! Just the perfect size recipe for Mr. Chris and me! (And no possibility of "seconds"... which is a good thing!)
:-D

Kristen said...

It is a novel idea! Hmm. Good idea!