Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Collections: Stamps - Some Favorites

Some of my favorite stamps have memories attached to them like a book of stamps my grandfather collected during the war. It was passed down to me after his death. Some of them are missing but at the top of each page he wrote what country the stamps came from.




Another favorite is my National Parks collection.




Here are the Mary Cassatt stamps. I love looking at fine art and Mary Cassatt's work is just beautiful!




The State bird and flower stamps are pretty and they are also a great educational piece, too. It's easy for me to visualized some of the pictures on these stamps to remember the bird and flower each state has.



***If you haven't entered this week's stamp themed giveaway yet, you can enter ~here~.


Did you know? King George V and Franklin Delano Roosevelt were avid stamp collectors.


No comments: