Tuesday, October 15, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Button Candle Embellishment

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

I saw this pin idea last winter and right away I knew I wanted to make one to put in my room. I got out my jewelry wire, my jar of buttons, and a big vanilla jar candle. I chose buttons of all sizes, shapes, and colors for my ring. It wasn't the easiest project since it was hard to judge how far apart to put the buttons so that at the end there wasn't a big gap or  not enough space and also figuring out how to finish off the wire so that it didn't come apart. I wrapped the wire through the button holes a time or two that they were more secure but this isn't necessary. The last button, I looped the wire around a few more times than the others and  made sure both ends were in the back side of the button. Then I threaded a jewelry crimp through both ends of the wire and squeezed it tight. Once the extra wire was snipped you could hardly see a difference. 

For the button baby shower, I made button rings for mini votive candles that were decorations and also party favors. After doing a dozen of these babies, I got the hang of it and the process was much quicker.



~ ~ ~



I'm also linking up to Schneider Peeps' Handmade Christmas.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sometimes the simplest looking projects end up taking much more thought than we had anticipated. Very cute!

Unknown said...

I love the simple look of these. Thanks for sharing your tips.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Kati, how pretty the candles look with the buttons decorated on them! What a great idea! I am now following you on your blog with GFC! I hope that you will want to follow me back. Thanks.
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Jodi-Marie said...

Gotta love those buttons! They really make a simple jar candle look special.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That's a great idea to dress up a simple candle!

Deanna

Vee said...

You could have done 31 Days of Button ideas! = >