Saturday, October 19, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Button Cupcakes

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

These button cupcakes are so cute! I pinned this when I first got on Pinterest and when planning the button themed baby shower, I knew I wanted to replicate this. I had thought about using real buttons but then I had the idea to make the buttons out of fondant so that they were edible. Looking through my boards some more, I came across a pin for homemade fondant that I found a while back. (More on that tomorrow.)

I had planned mini cupcakes for the brunch/shower so instead of making minuscule buttons that were hard to work with, I made one button for each cupcake that covered most of the top of the cupcakes. 



~ ~ ~


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, yes. Good decision on making those buttons edible.

Sue said...

Yummy!

Barbara F. said...

So cute, Kati. xo

Jodi-Marie said...

so cute and so yummy!