Saturday, October 5, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Maple Whipped Sweet Potatoes


PIN INSPIRATION:

~

When we bake sweet potatoes we usually bake extras while we're at it. I used some of these extras to try maple whipped sweet potatoes. This is a Martha Stewart recipe. I didn't have enough sweet potato for a whole recipe so I halved the recipe but added the whole amount of maple syrup. The recipe below is how I made it. The original recipe can be found by clicking the "source" link under the picture above. 



Maple Whipped Sweet Potato





Ingredients:
about 4 medium sweet potatoes

2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted 
1/4 cup pure maple syrup 


Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prick sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until very tender when pierced with a knife, 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, halve sweet potatoes. With a spoon, scoop out flesh (discard skins); transfer to a food processor. Add butter and syrup; process until smooth. Best served warm.



~ ~ ~


4 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Yummy, love sweet potatoes, and yams. Not just for Thanksgiving. xo

Kristin said...

I used not to like sweet potatoes, but after eating them with sugar and butter, I'm a convert. Not as good for me as eating them plain, but oh well. I'm bookmarking this recipe!

Jodi-Marie said...

Thanks for the recipe- I am having dinner guests this week and this will be a perfect side to my chicken dish!

Unknown said...

Simple, and not overly sweet like some sweet potato recipes I've seen. Win/Win!