Sunday, October 13, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Spiced Iced Tea

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

I made this when we were having guests over for dinner. I thought it had a nice flavor and wasn't overly sweet. I liked the subtle hint of apple and the bit of spice. After a few days in the fridge, the flavor of the spices grew a bit stronger but I still thought it was good.


Spiced Iced Tea



 Ingredients:
  • 6 c. water 
  • 1 tsp. whole cloves 
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
  • 3 Earl Gray tea bags 
  • 1/2 c. sugar 
  • 3/4 c. apple juice 
  • 1 TBS lemon juice  

Directions:
Combine water, cloves and cinnamon in a medium saucepan. Stir well to dissolve cinnamon. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Place tea bags in water and steep for 10 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine lemon juice, apple juice and sugar. Bring to a boil, making sure sugar dissolves. Strain tea mixture into juice mixture. Stir well. Serve over ice.


~ ~ ~


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never had spiced iced tea before, only hot. Looks like a recipe I'll be trying next summer :-)

Barbara F. said...

It sounds a little like a chai tea. I've done this with coffee. Actually put the spices in with the ground coffee in the basket and brewed. You are doing a great job with this 31 day series. xo

Sue said...

I love spice tea,

Jodi-Marie said...

This sounds really good. I think I will have to try this if I can find decaf Earl Grey.

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Kati, wow this sounds really good. I will give this a try!
Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

Vee said...

That sounds delicious. I have everything I need and will make this recipe. Thanks...must pin so I'll remember!