Wednesday, October 2, 2013

{31 Days of Pinterest Completed} Yo-yo Bracelet

PIN INSPIRATION:

~

I have a large collection of fabric yo-yos. (If you want to learn how to make them, I wrote a tutorial ~here~.) After I saw this pin, I made my own bracelet using yo-yos. I used the small yo-yos for this project. I chose colors that went perfectly with a turquoise sweater I have.

I sewed together a piece of elastic that fit my wrist. Then I sewed the yo-yos to the elastic with a few stitches. The directions at the source told to glue the yo-yos to the elastic but I preferred to sew them on. It's so easy!


~ ~ ~



I'm also linking up to Schneider Peeps' Handmade Christmas.

6 comments:

Barbara F. said...

Cute!! And you are off on your 31 days!! xo

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very cute!

I tried to get Sarah and Rachel interested in making yo-yo's but they never caught the bug!

That's a cute idea!

Deanna

Unknown said...

Very cute! I went through a yo-yo making frenzy a couple years ago. Maybe this will inspire me to finish the project that I started.

God's Grace Overflows said...

Hi Kati!
What a cute idea. I love bracelets so I'll have to give these a try.
I received your name for the mug exchange through the Enchanting Rose. What a fun idea to get to know other bloggers. I look forward to reading more of your posts. My blog is http://godsgraceoverflows.blogspot.com/ come stop by sometime and check it out.
I hope you have a wonderful day!
In God's Grace,
Amy

Kristin said...

I think you pinned those bracelets last summer because when I first saw the pin, I made one myself! For some reason, I rarely think to wear it, though.

Unknown said...

Super cute! I love yo-yo's but never thought about making a bracelet with them. Thanks for sharing at Handmade Christmas!