Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A Vintage-Inspired Christmas


This past year, I have been leaning towards more of a vintage flair in my decorating. I have always loved the vintage look but this year I added a typewriter, a suitcase, a chalkboard, and a handful of vintage keys to my decor collection.

Vintage not only shows up in my decorating during the year, but at Christmastime as well. 




I decorated my tree with book page Christmas trees (tutorial found ~here~) hung up with red and white bakers twine with a few keys added here and there. 




A close up of the book page trees. You can see part of one of the keys, too.




I love my mini gingerbread houses and trees. I look forward to putting these out every year. 




I love using the color red especially at Christmas. The red in the plate compliments the red blanket and pillow bringing the corner together. 




My yo-yo Christmas tree, a candle, and a vintage hankie (a loan from my sister) top my vintage typewriter box. 




A vintage tin from my grandmother sits atop my two copies of A Christmas Carol. 




On this tray, I put a pitcher with holly, three red votive candle holders, and my red cardinal figurine. 



I love how just a few new decor pieces makes the whole space transform into something new and fresh. 

Merry Christmas!

***

Linking up to Nester's Tour of Homes...

Christmas welcome

1 comment:

Julie's Lifestyle said...

Hi Kati, I love all of your Christmas decoration in your house! I looks so pretty with the red accents. Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'm now following all your interest boards and on twitter too!
Julie at Julie's Lifestyle